Jump to navigation Jump to search
Learning how to use Q
- If you are new to Q, please refer to Learning More About Q.
- If you are searching for a specific feature in Q, click into the Search features and data box, and type what you are looking for.
- If you cannot find something in Q, use the search box on this wiki (top-right of the screen), or, navigate via the links on the left of the screen.
What to do when a result looks wrong
- Check the base n shown at the bottom of the table (e.g., ). If this is smaller than you expect, refer to Sample Size Seems Too Small.
- If your problem relates to statistical tests:
- Check that your statistical testing settings are correct (see Show significance and Statistical Assumptions).
- Select any cell on a table, right-click and select Test statistical significance, and review the output.
- Check that the Question Type has been correctly set (press the the blue arrow () to the right of the Blue and Brown Drop-down Menus.
- If you cannot find some data, check that it is not hidden on the Variables and Questions tab (i.e., the little should not be bright yellow).
- Check that the Weight is correct (e.g., ).
- Check that the Filter is correct (e.g., ).
- Check that the correct Rules have been applied. Try and remove any rules and see if that is the cause of the problem. If a rule has been applied, a pink tab will appear at the bottom of the table (). Control which rules are applied to which tables using the Apply drop-downs.
- Check to see if is on (this automatically hides empty rows and columns; see Hiding and Removing Categories (Missing Values)).
- Right-click on a row or column heading on the table and select Values and review the Value Attributes.
- Contact the person that created the data file or set up the project (if it was not you).
- File > Share > Send to Q Support (Encrypted) and indicate which table and which cells in the table look wrong and why. Please note that:
- It is usually unproductive to send us screenshots, as screenshots rarely contain the information necessary to diagnose the cause of problems (i.e., we cannot perform most of the steps described above).
- We have a confidentiality agreement in place with you already.
- The more time you put into giving us detailed information about what looks wrong and what makes you think it is wrong, the faster we will be able to solve the problem.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Troubleshooting Significance Tests (9 P)
Pages in category ‘Troubleshooting’
The following 165 pages are in this category, out of 165 total.
- How Do I Automate Things Using Syntax?
- How to Add a None of These
- How to Add a Return Character to a Heading
- How To Add A Variable To A Question
- How to Add Returns into Chart Titles
- How to Address Changes in the Questionnaire in a Tracker
- How to Allocate Observations to Segments in Excel
- How to Analyze Advertising Trackers with Different Variables for Each Campaign
- How to Analyze Ascribe Coded Data
- How to Analyze Grid Questions in Latent Class Analysis
- How to Analyze Hierarchical Databases in Q
- How to Analyze Ranking Data
- How to Apply Different Filters to Each Variable in a Number - Multi question
- How to Apply Different Filters to Each Variable in a Pick Any question
- How to Automatically Code Text Variables
- How to Automatically Generate Segment-Level Reports
- How to Back Code into a Pick Any - Grid Question
- How to Back Code Other Specify Responses
- How To Band Numeric Variables
- How to Calculate the Difference Between Time Stamps
- How to Cap Weights
- How to Change Significance Levels for Column Comparisons
- How to Change Time Series Labels to Show Different Months
- How To Code A Subset Of Responses
- How to Code Comma-Delimited Spontaneous Awareness Data
- How to Code Multiple Other Specify Options
- How to Combine a First Mention with Other Mentions
- How to Combine Categories in a Pick One Question for Weighting
- How To Combine Multiple Weights
- How To Compare A Sub-Group Against The Total
- How to Compare Two Waves of a Tracker in Different Data Files
- How to Compute a Moving Average
- How to Compute Binary Variables
- How to Compute Correlations
- How To Compute Percentiles
- How to Compute Share of Wallet, Spend, Mouth, etc. (i.e., Volumetric Analysis)
- How to Compute the Average of Variables
- How to Compute the Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- How to Compute the Number of Observations to Select One And Only One Option
- How to Compute Top 2 Box Scores
- How to Conditionally Recode into a New Variable
- How to Conduct Column Comparisons between variables in a Number - Multi question
- How to Conduct MANOVA Tests
- How to Conduct One-Tailed Column Comparisons
- How to Construct a Weight for a Self-Weighting Sample
- How to Control Which Categories Are Used When Computing Percentages and Averages on Tables
- How To Count The Number Of Responses
- How to Create a Time Series Plot Using Different Data Sources
- How To Create a Unique ID from an ID Variable That Contains Duplicates
- How to Create a Variable with Standardized Values
- How To Create An Index
- How To Create New Variables With Multiple Categories
- How to Delete Cases (Observations)
- How To Delete Duplicate Cases
- How to Delete Variables
- How to Delete Variables From a Project
- How to Display Variable Names in the Drop-Down Menus
- How to do Latent Class Regression
- How To Expand All Tables And Folders In A Folder
- How to Export Data to Excel
- How to Export/Save data as a CSV File with Value Labels
- How to Filter the Rows of a Table
- How to Find Variables and Questions
- How to Generate Random Numbers: Poisson Distribution
- How to Generate Random Numbers: Uniform Distribution from 0 to 1
- How to Give Clients Access to Data
- How to Group Multiple Variables into a Question
- How to Have Multiple People Collaborate on a Project
- How to Hide Variables and Questions
- How to Include the Main NET Column in Column Comparisons
- How to Interpret Column n with Missing Data
- How to Make Merged Categories Appear in Targets when Weighting
- How to Manually Change Data
- How To Merge Data Files In Different Languages
- How To Merge Data Files With Inconsistent Variable Names
- How To Merge Files Using Two ID Variables
- How to Merge Multiple Pick One - Multi or Grid Questions
- How to Move Footers to the Top of Excel Tables
- How to Move Q to a Different Computer
- How To Obtain Your Q Log File
- How to Perform Driver Analysis With Repeated Measures Data
- How to Randomly Select a Sub-Sample
- How to Recode Into a New Variable
- How to Recode Numeric Data
- How to Recode Ranges of Values
- How To Remove Duplicates From First, Second, Third, Etc. Grids
- How To Remove Text From A Text Variable
- How to Rename the NET to Total
- How to Rename Variables
- How to Repair WMI
- How to Replace Missing Values with their Average
- How to Replicate Quantum Significance Tests
- How To Replicate SPSS Custom Tables Significance Tests
- How to Replicate SPSS Significance Tests in Q
- How to Replicate Survey Reporter Significance Tests
- How to Save and Run Online Library QScripts From Your Computer
- How to Scale Respondents to have a Mean of 0 and a Standard Deviation of 1
- How to Scale Variables to have a Unit Range
- How to Set Defaults
- How to Set Up Your PowerPoint Master Slide
- How to Share A Code Frame Between Top of Mind Awareness and Total Awareness
- How to Share Color Palettes Between Projects
- How to Show Clusters in a Scatterplot
- How To Show Percentage Signs On Tables And Plots
- How To Show Question Numbers
- How to Show Sample Sizes For Each Column
- How to Show Sample Sizes on Charts
- How To Show Weighted And Unweighted Data In The Same Table
- How to Specify Columns to be Compared
- How to Specify Comparisons for ANOVA-Based Tests
- How To Test Between Adjacent Time Periods
- How To Trim A Weight
- How to Turn Off Significance Results on a Table
- How to Update Value Attributes by Cutting and Pasting
- How to Use a Dashboard for Automated Reporting
- How to Use Search/Replace to Conditionally Recode Lots of Variables
- How to Weight Only a Part of a Data File
- Tables Take a Long Time to Compute
- The Data is a Mess When I Open Q
- The Data is Very Messy
- The license on this computer has stopped working because the computer has changed substantially
- The Rows or Columns of a Grid are Blank or Messy
- The SPSS Data File in Q Contains Variables Not in the Original Data File
- The Statistical Assumptions selected for this table are inappropriate
- The Variable Labels are Blank or Shorter than Expected
- The variables in Q are in a different order than in SPSS
- Trees Are Too Small When Exported
- Trees Are Too Small When Printed
- Troubleshoot Q Load Error
- What is the Difference Between Question Type and Variable Type
- Why Do Shapley and Kruskal Driver Analysis Have Negative Scores?
- Why Significance Test Results Change When Columns Are Added Or Removed
- Why Significance Test Results Change When Rows Are Added Or Removed
- Windows Management Instrumentation is Disabled