How To Delete Duplicate Cases
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Save your project.
- Select File > New Project.
- Select File > Data Sets > Add to Project > From File.
- In the Data Import Window:
- Select Use original data file structure.
- Untick Tidy Up Variable Labels and Strip HTML from Labels.
- Click OK.
- Set the Case IDs on the Data tab to Use Case Number.
- Delete any duplicate rows on the Data tab (right-click on the row numbers to see the options for deleting). If you are not sure which ones are duplicates, create a Pick One question from the id variable, create a SUMMARY table from it in the Outputs Tab, and sort the percentages from highest to lowest.
- Tools > Save Data as SPSS/CSV File and save the file somewhere.
- Open your existing project.
- File > Data Sets > Update.
- Select the data file created earlier, and press Open. Read any notifications and, if they seem OK, press Accept.
- Go to the Data tab.
- Right-click on any row number and select Revert Deleted Rows.
- Choose Check/uncheck all (at the bottom).
- Press Revert.
- Select the variable you wish to use for Case IDs.