How to Show Sample Sizes on Charts
Showing sample sizes on PowerPoint charts
- On the table that you are exporting to PowerPoint as a chart, select whichever is appropriate of:
- Export the chart to PowerPoint.
If this does not provide the desired output for a particular PowerPoint chart type, see the other options on this page.
Showing sample sizes on Q's internal chart types
If this option is not available on a particular chart type, see the other options on this page.
Automatically including the sample sizes in column headings
By using Automate > Browse Online Library and selecting Modify Headers - Add Sample Size to Column Labels, you can modify the labels that appear in all tables and charts, and these modifications will flow through to any charts that are exported to PowerPoint.
Overall sample size for the table
Sample size for various columns
There are a number of different ways of displaying sample sizes by column available in Automate > Browse Online Library:
- Modify Footers - Add Column Header Footnote Indicating Small Sample Sizes
- Modify Footers - Add Footnote for Cells with Small Sample Sizes
- Modify Footers - Add Footer Showing Smallest Sample Size on Table
- Modify Footers - Add Column Base Sizes.
Customizing how sample size is displayed
In addition to the options described above, it is possible to create a custom rule (see Creating a Custom Rule). The most straightforward way of doing this is probably to modify whichever of the following is most appropriate: