Category:Setting Up Data
Projects are set up in Q by selecting File > Data Sets > Add to Project > From File, then the relevant data file. When prompted, ensure the default Automatically detect data file structure, e.g., group variables into "questions" (recommended) is selected and click OK. Depending on the nature of the data, more detailed steps may be required.
Detailed process for setting up a project in Q
- Obtain a data file in one of the File Formats Supported by Q. Software for exporting data typically contains various options. Which options are selected is a key determinant of how much effort is required to extract data from within Q.
- Prepare your data, using the tools in Manipulating data files (for example by stacking them or by merging multiple files) where necessary. Also see Multiple Data Files for methods for simultaneously analyzing multiple files in Q.
- Basic Workflow For Checking and Cleaning a Project. If you have obtained data file that contains no metadata, such as a CSV file or an SQL database, you will also need to do the steps Setting Up Files With No Metadata.
- Constructing Variables to Make Analysis Easy (e.g., setting up Top 2 Box Scores and the like).
- Setting Statistical Assumptions When Setting Up Projects.
- If required, Weighting.
- If required, Advanced Data Tidying, which is generally most useful if the data is being prepared for a user that is not familiar with the intricacies of the study (e.g., when preparing a Dashboard).
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category 'Setting Up Data'
The following 102 pages are in this category, out of 102 total.
- Hiding and Removing Categories (Missing Values)
- How Q Determines the Name of a Question
- How Q Resolves Contradictory Values And Labels When Merging Data Files
- How Q Works Out Question Types
- How To Add A Variable To A Question
- How to Address Changes in the Questionnaire in a Tracker
- How To Apply Different Weighting Structures To Different Time Periods
- How To Band Numeric Variables
- How To Combine Multiple Weights
- How To Compute Calibrated Purchase Intent
- How to Compute Share of Wallet, Spend, Mouth, etc. (i.e., Volumetric Analysis)
- How to Compute Top 2 Box Scores
- How To Create A Second Version Of A Question
- How To Create Banner Tables Using Pick One - Multi Or Grid Questions
- How to Delete Cases (Observations)
- How To Delete Duplicate Cases
- How to Delete Variables
- How To Merge Categories
- How To Merge Data Files In Different Languages
- How To Merge Data Files With Inconsistent Variable Names
- How To Rebase A Table
- How To Remove Duplicates From First, Second, Third, Etc. Grids
- How To Remove Text From A Text Variable
- How to Replace Missing Values with their Average
- How To Test Between Adjacent Time Periods
- How To Use Set Question On Questions With Different Code-Frames