How to Recode Into a New Variable
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Related Online Training modules|
|Multiple Response Questions ✓|
|Generally it is best to access online training from within Q by selecting Help > Online Training|
- In the Variables and Questions tab select the variable(s).
- Click your right mouse button and select Copy and Paste Variable(s), selecting either Linked or Exact Copy (if you are not sure of the distinction, you should select Exact Copy).
- Set the Question Type to either Number or Number - Multi (if it is not already set to this).
- Then recode the values.
- Select the new question in the Blue Drop-down menu (a short-cut to doing this is to double-click on the row numbers of the relevant variable(s) in the Variables and Questions tab, which will cause the question to replace whatever is currently selected in the Blue Drop-down menu).
- How to Compute the Net Promoter Score (NPS)
Further reading: NPS Analysis Tool