How To Count The Number Of Responses
Sometimes with a Pick Any question (i.e., a multiple response question) it is useful to count up the number of choices (i.e., selections, or mentions) made for each case (e.g., the proportion to select only one option, two options, three options, etc.). This is done by:
- On the Variables and Questions tab, select all of the applicable variables.
- Right-click and select Insert Ready Made Formula(s) > Mathematical Functions (by Case) > Sum and Yes.
- Change the Question Type to Pick One.
- Create a SUMMARY table of the variable.
- To show the average number of selections, right-click and choose Statistics - Cells > Average.