All parts of Text Analysis in Q5 (Video)
The initial stage of most text analyses is to do some pre-processing of the text, which includes breaking the text up into separate words and doing some basic cleaning. These steps are performed by Create > Text Analysis > Setup Text Analysis. This creates an output in the Report which can then be used as an input to the other analyses from the Techniques section of the menu. The text processing is designed to be used with English-language text.
Setup Text Analysis - Cleans text data for further analysis. Apply spell-checking, stemming, and manual replacement and removal of words.
- Create Term Document Matrix - Create a term document matrix for use in further analysis.
- Predictive Tree - Create a predictive tree based on the words identified in the text.
- Save Sentiment Scores - Save the sentiment scores for each case, based on a selected object created using Setup Text Analysis, or from a table containing raw text data.
- Save Tidied Text - Save cleaned text data by case of a selected object created using Setup Text Analysis.
- Search - Searches for a word or phrase and displays the cases containing the search term.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Coding (9 P)
Pages in category ‘Text Analysis’
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Text Analysis - Advanced - Create Term Document Matrix
- Text Analysis - Advanced - Map
- Text Analysis - Advanced - Predictive Tree
- Text Analysis - Advanced - Save Tidied Text
- Text Analysis - Advanced - Save Variable(s) - Categories
- Text Analysis - Advanced - Save Variable(s) - First Category
- Text Analysis - Advanced - Search
- Text Analysis - Advanced - Setup Text Analysis
- Text Analysis - Automatic Categorization - Entity Extraction
- Text Analysis - Automatic Categorization - List of Items
- Text Analysis - Automatic Categorization - Unstructured Text
- Text Analysis - Sentiment
- Text Analysis Case Study - Trump's Tweets