R Packages for Text Analysis
There are a range of packages in R for doing text analysis. These include:
- hunspell - Tools for spelling, stemming, and tokenization.
- SnowballC - Tools for stemming in a range of languages.
- stringr - Tools for cleaning individual strings (e.g. trimming whitespace).
- text2vec - Tools for tools for text vectorization, topic modeling, and more.
- tidytext - Tools for word processing, sentiment analysis, and tidying text.
- tm - A framework for text mining.
- flipTextAnalysis - Our own package which is used by items in the Text Analysis section of the Create menu.