Modify Data - Remove Don't Know Categories
This tool automatically removes Don't Know categories from data that you select. In Q, it is the equivalent to right-clicking on all the Don't Know categories of the selected questions and selecting Remove.
Phrases that are identified as Don't Know type responses are ones that contain one or more of:
- dont know
- don't know
- don t know
- not sure
- do not know
- no idea
- not applicable
The matching of these is not case sensitive.
Additionally, where a label is, in its entirety, NA or na, it is treated as a Don't Know.
To use this tool in Q:
- Select Automate > Browse Online Library > Modify Data > Remove Don't Know Categories
- Choose whether you wish to add your own custom text to search for in addition to the standard Don't Know style responses listed above.
- Choose which questions you wish to modify from the list presented.
includeWeb('QScript Functions for Removing Dont Know Categories');
Prior to the 15th of December, 2015, this page was known as Modifying Rows and Columns - Remove Don't Know Categories
- QScript for more general information about QScripts.
- QScript Examples Library for other examples.
- QScript Reference for information about how QScript can manipulate the different elements of a project.