Upgrading to Windows 10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Microsoft has now begun making Windows 10 available for people to use. Q users who are able upgrade to Windows 10 and wish to do so will need to deactivate their Q license before the upgrade and then reactivate it once the upgrade is complete.
This process is necessary only for Standard (single-computer) Licenses and is not necessary for people using a Transferable (shared) license.
Before upgrading to Windows 10:
- Open Q.
- Select Help > Customer Page. The customer page will open in your browser.
- Bookmark the page in your browser.
- In Q, select Help > Deactivate Q.
After upgrading to Windows 10:
- Return to the customer page.
- Click on one of the links to Install Q Professional.
- Click the Install License Only button. This will download a new license file.
- Run the license file. This will initiate the activation.
If you have already upgraded to Windows 10 and your Q license has become deactivated then please contact support or call one of the support numbers listed here for assistance with your license.