As a new customer you will be assigned a Customer Success representative who will be responsible for taking you through the implementation process and making sure you are successful with the software. The goal is to make sure you are able to do what you want to do with Q and feel adequately trained and prepared to use the software.
Implementation consists of 4 steps
- Implementation Planning Meeting
- Data Review and Optimization
- Follow ups
You Customer Success rep will be available throughout the implementation process, just a phone call or email away, to answer any questions you have about the process or the software. You will also have unlimited access to Q support (email@example.com), who are available 24/6, throughout the implementation period and of course afterwards once you're up and running.
Implementation Planning Meeting
This is a short 30 minute meeting where you and your Customer Success rep will discuss your goals and objectives for using Q. The discussion will include:
- The types of projects you plan analyse with Q
- The data formats you have available or get from your suppliers
- The types of analysis and reporting you do or would like to be able to do
- Which project and data set you would like to use for the data review, data optimization and training
- When to book the training session(s) - this can be one 3 hour or two 90 minute sessions
- The criteria you identify which will mean you have been successful with Q
The outcome of this meeting is to have the training session(s) booked and identified the data set for the next 2 steps: Data Review, Optimization and Training.
Data Review and Optimization
This step is very important to enable you to get the best out of Q. You will supply your Customer Success rep with the data identified in the Implementation Planning meeting. Q supports a number of file formats (see File Formats Supported by Q) but the best formats are usually Triple-S or SPSS .sav files.
You Customer Success rep will review and investigate the data with 2 goals in mind:
- To make sure the data is set-up optimally for importing into Q with the correct question structures. If it isn't they will be able to advise you how you or your data provider can make sure it is set up optimally. This advice can then be used as a blueprint for optimizing all the data you use with Q.
- Identify the questions and analyses to use for the training sessions and plan the training around these
This stage will usually take a couple of days on receipt of the data file.
Training takes 3 hours and taken in one session or in two 90 minute sessions.
The format of the training is via an online meeting where you share your screen and drive Q whilst your Customer Success rep guides you. The training will use the plan identified in the Implementation Planning Meeting with the data which has been reviewed and optimized for Q.
The goal of the training is to give you a solid understanding of the fundamentals of Q and how it works. You will build a project from scratch to all the way to creating a report you can print or export to Excel, PDF and PowerPoint. All of the major functionalities and features of Q will be covered.
At the end of the training you will have an example project you can use as a template for building the rest of your projects in Q.
Implementation doesn't finish with the training!
Once you've finished your training and are working on live projects you still have access to your Customer Success rep. You can book Q&A sessions with them to cover specific areas you want more help with or just to answer your questions. Your Customer Success rep will also check in with you regularly to make sure you're able to do what you want with Q and schedule more sessions where necessary. Don't forget you have access to Q support as well and they can also answer the "How do I do this in Q?" questions.
This period will last as long as it takes to get you to be successful with Q and make sure you have met the success criteria identified in the Implementation Planning meeting.