Category:Dashboards (Online Reporting)
Q can be used to quickly create dashboards without any involvement from technical experts. A Q Dashboard is a project created in Q and then uploaded onto the ‘cloud’, where it can be viewed on any web browser, including iPhones, iPads and other advanced mobile devices.
Instructions for creating a dashboard
- Obtain a license for Web-Q, which is the cloud-based service where dashboards are created and hosted. See q-demo.com for an overview of pricing and security. Contact support to get a quote or more information.
- Obtain the data, clean it and set it up in Q Setting Up Your Data in Q.
- Dashboard Setup 1: Using Q.
- Dashboard Setup 2: Using Web-Q.
- Tracking Dashboard Usage.
- Updating a Dashboard.
See Using the web-Q API.
Your dashboards are essentially run within a copy of Q inside a server. If your data file is very large or your project is very complicated then the user must sometimes wait while it loads or calculates. (Web-Q tries to help by keeping a copy of the first few pages of your project so that these can appear immediately in your browser, while your project is loading.)
If a user waits more than two minutes for an operation to complete then web-Q will cancel the operation.
- See Files Take a Long Time to Open for tips on improving load times for your project.
- See Tables Take a Long Time to Compute for tips on speeding up your calculations.
Pages in category ‘Dashboards (Online Reporting)’
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.