Updating a Dashboard
- Obtain new data, where the new data has the same file format and structure as that used to create the initial Q project. For example, if the project was created using a .sav data file, then the revised data file also needs to be a .sav data file, where the variable names and other metadata are consistent with the original data file. Where you wish to retain the existing data and add new data as well, you need to obtain a cumulative data file.
- Download the most recent version of the dashboard:
- Open the downloaded QPack in Q.
- Select File > Import Updated Data File (see Updating Projects with New or Revised Data).
- Select File > Share > Online Dashboard and follow the instructions.
- Once you are editing the dashboard again in web-Q, click the Re-publish link:
- Click the View link. The dashboard that your clients see should now reflect your latest data.
Automatic updating using SQL
Automatic updating using R
An API is available for automatically updating dashboards (see https://www.web-q.com/API).
Modifying layout and appearance
If the desired modifications need to be performed in Q: