How To Override Default Statistical Testing Settings
By default, Q automatically takes into account the structure of the data when determining how to perform tests.
There are a number of situations where it can be useful to override these defaults:
- When it is desired to show Column Comparisons (i.e., letters, rather than arrows and colors).
- Controlling which specific columns should be compared. For example, see:
- When attempting to reproduce results computed from other programs. See Results Are Different to those from Another Program.
- With very small sample sizes it can be useful to turn off Multiple Comparison Corrections and/or increase the Overall significance level.
- Where there are serious missing data problems in repeated measures data. See Column Comparisons With Missing Repeated Measures Data.